July 26, 2023
YES! Caring for your candle the right way makes a difference in how long your candle lasts. It is simple to do and highly recommended. Follow these tips:
1. Burn your candle for at least 3 hours the first burn.
When burning your candle for the very first time, burn your candle for three hours. It is important enough to burn the candle long enough so that the pool of wax reaches the edges of the jar and allows the candle to set its wax “memory.” Each time you burn the candle, it will follow this pattern to burn out to the rim and help avoid caking of wax on the sides with a small melt pool, aka "tunneling".
2. Trim the wick each time before burning your candle. Trimming the wick is a very important step. This will allow the candle to have a long, clean, even burn and avoid any soot buildup or issues. It is recommended that you always trim your wick to 1/4" before each use.
3. Burn your candle away from drafts. Keep your candle away from drafts, fans, vents and other sources of rapidly blowing air that may cause your candle to burn unevenly.
4. Store the candle in a dark, cool area. This will keep the candle from being affected by light or heat that will shorten its life. Also, keep the candle in an upright, level position when you store it.
5. Don’t burn your candle all the way down. Stop burning your candle when there's about half an inch of wax on the bottom. Time to get the candle refilled! Just contact me to return your jar and receive $5 off of your next candle. Do's & Dont's:
Never leave a burning candle unattended!
Burn candles on a heat-resistant surface.
Avoid burning a candle near anything flammable.
Keep candles away from kids, animals, curtains, drafts.
Check out our organic coconut wax candles that are safe for you & your home - no toxins or carcinogens!